Pacific Whale Foundation Research Department Internships
Pacific Whale Foundation (PWF), based in Maui, Hawai‘i, is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting whales and other marine life through research, education, and conservation. Our researchers have studied whales and dolphins throughout the Pacific for over 30 years and currently conduct projects in Hawai‘i, Australia, and Ecuador. We offer internships in our Marine Mammal Research Program year-round.
PWF seeks performance-driven and dedicated individuals for long-term (4 - 5 month) internships. Successful applicants are expected to dedicate 30 - 40 hours per week working both in the office and on our research vessel. Applicants must be available to work Monday - Friday and be available for all boat trips. Some weekend work may also be required.
There is no financial compensation for these positions and interns are responsible for their own living and transportation expenses. This is, however, an excellent opportunity to gain experience in marine mammal research.
Applicants must be authorized to legally remain in Hawai’i if they are not U.S. citizens or authorized to work in the U.S.
Interested candidates should submit an application with the following:
- A cover letter including your availability, i.e. preferred time period (1 page only);
- A resume describing training, experience and relevant skills (2 pages only);
- Names and contact information of three references.
Please specify the internship period you are applying for. The date ranges for our internships are:
- January 1 – April 30 (deadline September 30)
- May 1 – August 31 (deadline for applications February 28)
- September 1 – December 31 (deadline for applications June 30)
Please send these items as e-mail attachments (PDF preferred) to email@example.com - No phone calls or drop-ins, please!