The University of Pannonia (University of Veszprém until March 1, 2006; Hungarian Pannon Egyetem, formerly known as Veszprémi Egyetem) is a university located in Veszprém, Hungary. It was founded in 1949 and is organized in five faculties: Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Agriculture, Economics and Information Technology.
The university was founded in 1949. In the beginning it worked as a regional faculty of the Technical University of Budapest. In 1951, it became independent under the name of Veszprém University of Chemical Engineering. From 1991, the university has been called the University of Veszprém.
The university first offered courses in four areas of Chemical Technology: Oil and Coal Technology, Electrochemical Industry, Inorganic Chemical Technology, Silicate Chemistry. From the mid-1960s two courses — Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Process Control and System Engineering — became part of the Chemical Engineering education in Veszprém.