The 14th International Symposium on Nuclei in the Cosmos (NIC-XIV) will be held at Toki Messe in Niigata City, Japan, from June 19 through 24, 2016. Nuclei in the Cosmos is the foremost bi-annual symposium of nuclear physics, astrophysics, astronomy, cosmo-chemistry, and other related fields that started from Wien in Austria in 1990. NIC-XIV is jointly organized by the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) and the RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science. It is sponsored by the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), and supported by several institutions.
On-line abstract submission starts from December 16, 2015. Important dates are listed at the end of this circular.
The subjects to be discussed in NIC-XIV 2016 Symposium will include:
- Big-Bang Cosmology, Nucleosynthesis, Dark Matter, and Dark Energy
- First Generations of Stars and Galactic Chemo-Dynamical Evolution
- Stellar Evolution and Hydrostatic Nuclear Burning Processes
- Explosive Nucleosynthesis in Stars
- Supernovae, Gamma-Ray Bursts and Mergers
- Novae and X-Ray Bursts
- Neutron Stars and Hadron Physics
- Meteoritic Abundances, Interstellar Gas and Dust Astronomy
- X- and γ-Ray Astronomy and Cosmic Ray Astrophysics
- Neutrino Astrophysics and Weak Processes
- Radioactive Nuclei Far From Stability
- Nuclear Theory in Astrophysics
- Nuclear Experiments in Astrophysics
- Nuclear Data and Astrophysics
- New Facilities in Nuclear Astrophysics and Astronomy
OTHER SATELLITE ACTIVITIES
Several satellite workshops will be held before or after the symposium. Their details will be posted soon in the NIC-XIV webpage.
Information about travel, transportation, and accommodation are provided in the second circular and on the symposium web site.
The on-line registration for NIC-XIV will be available from January 15, 2016 on: http://nic2016.jp/registration/#registration.
The early regular registration fee until May 10 2016 is 45,000 JPY (~340EURO). Graduate and undergraduate students are eligible for a reduced early registration fee of 20,000 JPY. After May 1, 2014 a regular registration fee of 50,000 JPY is applied and 25,000 JPY for graduate and undergraduate students. The fee for an accompanying person is 10,000 JPY. The registration fee includes coffee breaks, symposium banquet, lunch, symposium reception and so on.
Registration will be completed with payment of the fee. Details for the payment procedures will be displayed on the registration web page. All payments must be made in Japanese yen. Questions regarding the payment can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org from January 15, 2016.
Inquiries related to the NIC-XIV 2016 Symposium should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com.
The symposium web site link is available below. Check the link to original.