ASMEA and the Moroccan-American Cultural Center (MACC) - http://moroccoonthemove.com/are pleased to offer research grants for scholars and students whose focus is the Kingdom of Morocco. Grants of up to $2500 will be awarded to qualified applicants.
- Applicants must be engaged in the study of the Kingdom of Morocco and/or the Maghreb region, and; be enrolled in a Ph.D. program (with M.A. complete), or; serve in a post-doc capacity, or; serve as a visiting/assistant/associate/full professor teaching two or more courses per semester at an accredited institution.
- Applicants may be affiliated with any academic discipline. First time and junior grant applicants are preferred but each application will be judged on its merits.
- Applications must be accompanied by a one-page paper proposal representing new and un-published research relevant to issues of culture, history, religion, or society in Morocco.
- Applicants must include in their application a brief letter of reference preferably from their department chair. Students also must submit proof of enrollment.
- Applicants may use the grant to cover any costs associated with conducting research for the specified proposal.
- Successful applicants will be required to meet all deadlines and requirements associated with presenting their research at the Ninth Annual ASMEA Conference on October 27-29, 2016 in Washington, D.C.
- All applicants awarded a research grant will provide ASMEA the right of first refusal for potential publication of their article in the Journal of the Middle East and Africa. A final "publication-ready" paper must be submitted to ASMEA by December 9, 2016.
- Applications will be accepted only from ASMEA members and via the ASMEA website. To join ASMEA, click here - http://www.asmeascholars.org/membership/membership-overview/.
- Applicants may apply to more than one ASMEA grant program in 2016. However, only one grant will be awarded per successful applicant.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2016.
SUBMIT GRANT APPLICATION - http://asmea.nonprofitcms.org/a/Solicitations/Home/13
If you have questions or require more information, you may refer to our FAQs page - https://asmea.nonprofitcms.org/c/conferences/4/pages/faqsor contact us at email@example.com or 202-429-8860.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: