The strategic aim of MMLP is to help strengthen the media sector in Macedonia through the professional development of journalists and media professionals. MMLP leaders:
- Strengthen their media competencies and professionalism as journalists
- Develop their leadership skills
- Build their professional networks in the media sphere
Media professionals selected for the MMLP will participate in four-month fellowships in the United States. The 2016–2017 program will take place between August and December of 2016 and will include:
- Fellowship with US host institution: MMLP leaders are carefully matched with a media outlet, nonprofit organization, or other media-focused institution for four months of hands-on experience in the United States. Leaders will support their host institutions in a variety of capacities that match their professional experiences and interests. Examples of MMLP leaders’ responsibilities at host institutions include, but are not limited to, supporting the investigative coverage of local news stories, coordinating social media efforts and outreach, producing multimedia content for online media platforms, and conducting media literacy programs for youth.
- Media and leadership training: While working with their US host organizations, MMLP leaders engage in a series of media and leadership training sessions online and in person.
- Networking opportunities: MMLP leaders are provided with opportunities to network with media professionals and media outlets in the United States.
- Media pilot projects: MMLP leaders will also plan a small-scale media project to implement when they return back home to Macedonia after their US fellowship.
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Macedonia Media Leaders Program (MMLP). The deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 20, 2016, at 12 p.m. EST.
The Macedonia Media Leaders Program (MMLP) is a professional development program for Macedonian journalists and media professionals. MMLP strives to strengthen media in Macedonia by working with media professionals in fostering leadership skills, developing media professionalism, and expanding professional networks. MMLP is funded by the Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy in Skopje and includes the following program activities:
- Four-month, hands-on fellowship with a United States–based media outlet, nonprofit organization, or other media-focused institution
- Media and leadership training
- Networking opportunities
Please read the application materials carefully before beginning the application.
- Informational flyer (PDF, 289 KB)
- Application instructions (PDF, 158 KB)
- Application form (PDF, 191 KB)
Applicants must complete the MMLP application to be considered for the program. Applications must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 20, 2016, at 12 p.m. EST to be considered. Applications that are mailed, faxed, or received in any other format than the application form will not be accepted.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, or gender. Competition for the Macedonia Media Leaders Program is merit-based and open to any media professional who meets the following criteria:
- Is a citizen of Macedonia;
- Is currently living in Macedonia at the time of application;
- Has at least two years of professional experience as a journalist or media professional at the time of application;
- Is able to begin the program in the US in August of 2017, and is committed to returning to Macedonia for a period of two years after completing the program;
- Is able to receive a US J-1 visa; and
- Is proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application
Please review the application instructions for more information.
The program covers the cost of most expenses associated with:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the US;
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the US; and
- Accident and sickness insurance.
If you have questions about MMLP or the application, please email email@example.com.
For more informatio click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: