About the festival
The fifth edition of La Guarimba International Film Festival will be held from 7th to 11th august 2017 in Amantea (Calabria), southern Italy.
Terms and conditions
- Call for entries for Fiction, Animation, Documentary and Music Videos is open.
- All short films of any nationality and language can participate.
- All themes are allowed.
- The maximum length will be 30 minutes (including credits).
- Only those films produced after January 1st of 2015 will be accepted.
- All formats will be accepted.
- There are no limits to the number of entries a filmmaker may enter, but these have to be submitted separately.
- The submission fee is €15 for short films and €5 for music videos.
-The jury will include professionals from the cinema world, television, media and teaching.
-The judges decision will be irrevocable.
-The jury is committed to give away the following prizes:
- Best Fiction Award (1000 euro+Trophy)
- Best Documentary Award (1000 euro+Trophy)
- Best Animation Award (1000 euro+Trophy)
- Best Music Video (300 euro+Trophy)
- Audience Award (Trophy)
-The prizes will be given away at La Guarimba International Film Festival’s closure.
-Award winners that are NOT present will have their award(s) shipped to them at the winner’s expense. They also can find it in the festival’s office every time they want.
REGULAR DEADLINE: March 15th of 2017.
- The Date of Issue will be considered.
- The requested materials are:
- The short film file
- Submission Form filled
-20 films of Short Film category, 10 Documentaries, 15 Animation films and 5 music videos will be selected to be screened at the festival and will enter the contest.
-Once these short films are selected, participants will be contacted through their email accounts.
-Those short films that have been selected cannot leave the contest and they have to provide:
- Three (3) still shots from the film in .jpg with 150 dpi
- Screener in Apple Pro Ress 422 without subtitles attached.
- Subtitles file (.srt) or dialogue list in english and italian (The festival will help with the italian subtitles if the participants provide an English or Spanish subtitles file in .srt or a dialogue list).
-The festival will not accept PenDrives and will not return any screener.
-The selected Italian filmmakers should attend the event or send a representative. Otherwise, their screening will be cancelled.
-All selected short films are committed to use the selection logo from La Guarimba International Film Festival.
-The festival will not notify if your film is not selected. It will be a selected list in our website, italian press, social networks and we will send by email a newsletter with all the information. We recommend you to subscribe it.
Material and right
-All copies presented in this contest will not be returned and will be part of the contest archive and videolibrary. La Guarimba International Film Festival is committed to exclusively use these copies for cultural purposes and never in a commercial way. Every year, we organise La Guarimba On Tour to bring our shorts to more audience.
-Once they are submitted, all participants fully accept our rules and regulations for participating, and also the resolutions adopted by the organising committee about any aspect regarding the contest.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: