UNICEF country office in Skopje is looking to hire a Web and Social Media Consultant who will be responsible for maintaining the UNICEF office presence on a social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram) and website www.unicef.mk
Refugee and migrant flows in Europe have reached unprecedented levels since the dramatic increase in population movements in June 2015. In December 2015, as many as 385,000 refugees and migrants have been registered in Gevgelija; 1 in 3 of them were children. Since August 2015, UNICEF in the former Yugoslav Republic Macedonia has been responding to crisis, ensuring children are supported and protected. In line with the Core Commitments for Children in Humanitarian Action, the response has included a combination of advocacy, capacity building and programmatic interventions. Multi-media communication products developed and disseminated through digital and social media platforms have been vital to position children on the move at the centre of the crisis; build support for child solutions and UNICEF response. In 2016, UNICEF will also continue to implement communication and advocacy initiatives to respond to the current refugee and migrant crisis. In addition, as part of the new country programme 2016-2020, UNICEF will increasingly use communication for change strategies to trigger positive changes in attitudes and practices on issues related to children. These initiatives will heavily rely on using digital and social media to inform, inspire and engage audiences to support change for children. To support these efforts, the UNICEF country office in Skopje is looking to hire a Web and Social Media Consultant who will be responsible for maintaining the UNICEF office presence on a social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram) and website www.unicef.mk.
Some travel outside of Skopje may be required. UNICEF Country Office will cover related travel and transport costs as per local UN policy. All travel will be subject to approval before travel is conducted.
Monthly payment, based on monthly tasks report, approved upon monthly review with supervisor and submission of invoices paid in MKD.
QUALIFICATION OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor Degree, in social science, international affairs, journalism, marketing, communication or other related field.
- 2 years+ experience as a web content manager, digital manager, or social media manager, preferably with a development organization.
- Demonstrated experience developing compelling content to generate response from new online audiences and in writing features for the web either as journalist, blogger or web feature writer.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining social media accounts (as user, manager and/or contributor), especially Facebook and Twitter, Instagram and other channels.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining multi-language websites using content management systems. Experience in reporting on quantitative and qualitative analytics. Knowledge of social media monitoring technology and ability to use social media measurement and listening tools.
- Proficient at using Adobe Photoshop and website content management systems. Other audiovisual and design editing software a plus.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Macedonian and English languages (written). Working knowledge of Albanian a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-level results, manage and deliver projects on-time.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization;
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable candidates should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing "Web and Social Media Consultant" in email subject, no later than close of business, 5 February 2016. The application should include:
- Cover letter;
- Signed P11 form which can be downloaded at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc;
- Links to samples of work (i.e. max one page links to web and social media content developed and other examples of work); and,
- Written indicative monthly fee range in Macedonian denars.
Country Office Reference: Web and Social Media Consultant Email address: email@example.com Applications submitted without a fee/ rate will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.