About the competition
1. Create (Business Idea)
The first phase of JSC is about creating ideas for new products and services. You will get access to resources to guide you in finding groundbreaking ideas in the form of articles, videos, and blogs.
2. Enhance (Executive Summary)
In the second phase, you and your teams receive feedback from skilled mentors from an entrepreneurial or consulting background to elevate your idea to the next level.
3. Start (Pitch Your Idea)
In the third and final phase of JSC, you will have the chance to come to our final event in Bremen, Germany to finalize your ideas. Over two days, you will work on your business ideas while being guided by skilled mentors. You will get to attend various workshops and speeches and finally pitch your business in front of an audience of accelerators, business angels, and investors.
The Participants Management Committee is in not only in charge of choosing universities to be invited, but also of taking care of the incoming applications. Furthermore, they will be on hand to answer all questions that our participants might have and try to make the finalists' stay here on this beautiful campus not only successful, but also as enjoyable and memorable as possible!
Marketing and Design
The Marketing and Design Committee has the responsibility of designing a successful marketing and PR campaign for JSC 2016. The skillful team has worked on designing the website and logo, developing the advertisement strategy, managing JSC's social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, improving and maintaining relationships with news outlets around Germany, and increasing the awareness and attractiveness of the competition.
Business Development Committee is a team of very skilled and motivated people with team members from different countries and educational backgrounds with a focus on management and intercultural relations. With members from Europe and North America, they have the local knowledge to cooperate with partners to create a successful event. With diversity as their asset, they are looking forward to organizing an innovative and international event filled with diverse people.
How to Apply
1. The first stage of application will open on the 15th of October. Teams are required to provide basic information about themselves and their business idea.
2. By the December 7th 2016 we will let you know if your team has made it to the second round of application. For this you will be evaluated by the JSC evaluation panel. You can score a total of 50 points. To make it to the second stage, all questions have to be answered and a minimum of 30 points has to be scored.
3. The 7th of December is also the day, when the second stage of applications will open. In the second stage teams are required to create a business model canvas and submit a pitch deck. Round two will close on the 8th of January 2017.
4. The submitted pitches and business model canvases will be evaluated by our professional mentors. Ten finalist teams will be chosen and invited to join us during the final event, taking place on the Campus of Jacobs University Bremen on the 24th and 25th of March 2017. You will be informed about our final decision no later than January 30th 2017. We encourage having a prototype or mockup of your product as this will score you bonus points in the final selection phase and usually helps to understand your product better.
You need to apply through the online platform which you can find in the "Further official information" link below this article.
1. You can apply as an individual or as a team.
2. All members of your team who would attend the final event and pitch your idea must be enrolled at a university throughout the course of the competition (15.10.2016 – 25.03.2017). Non-university students may work on it, but will not be allowed to hold the presentation.
3. Business ideas submitted to JSC should not yet have generated revenue of more than 20.000€ p.a.
We want to partner up with you!
Join us on the 24th and 25th of March 2017 in Bremen for JSC, one of Germany’s biggest student run startup competitions. Teams from leading universities in Germany and beyond (e.g. WHU, St. Gallen, University of Cambridge, MIT, Columbia University) meet at Jacobs University to discuss their ideas, pitch to investors, and most importantly network with you.
Our partners and sponsors have the opportunity to meet German and international talents who are not only top of their class, but also have an unparalleled entrepreneurial spirit. To receive a detailed list of partner's and sponsor's benefits please fill in the form below.
Join JSC as a sponsor or a partner now and gain access to a vast pool of talent and promotion!
For more information click "Further official information" below.