HEAL is recruiting a Social Media Assistant (Internship) October 2015 – July 2016
HEAL recruits hard working, enthusiastic people that want to help create a better, healthier world.
The Health and Environment Alliance (HEAL) is seeking a dynamic, motivated and conscientious intern to help take HEAL’s social media presence up another step. The objective is to make concerns, research findings and success stories on health and environment more accessible to a more engaged and bigger audience.
The intern will work closely with the communications team to increase visibility and engagement as part of a wider advocacy strategy to reach key influencers on health and environmental issues, and mobilise the public. The role will involve support for the development of a strong social media strategy for top-profile issues currently being addressed within the European institutions, for example, the regulation of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) to protect public health.
The responsibilities of the intern, carrying the title “Social media Assistant”, are to:
- Strengthen and implement a social media plan for campaigns and advocacy work
- Create visual content, such as info-graphics, for use on social media and on HEAL’s website
- Monitor social media conversations, trends and build relations with key influencers and audiences to strengthen HEAL’s Communication strategy and identify key opportunities
- Analyse and report on the impact of social media activities to maximise future activities and set targets
- Liaise frequently with HEAL members, HEAL’s Healthy Energy partners and EDC-Free campaign partners for upcoming news
- Provide support for website and newsletters.
Your skills, qualifications and attributes
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferably in social media
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, graphic design or related field or equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of existing and emerging social media platforms and tools
- Expertise in creating visual content to support social media activities - experience of graphic design software and/or photoshop required
- Native English speaker or candidates with equivalent command of English, additional EU languages preferable
- Lively personality with excellent writing and communication skills
- Able to take initiative, work independently but also fit in well within a team.
What we offer
A Belgian internship contract (full time, paid). The intern will start ideally the week beginning 19 October 2015 until July 2016. The position is located in Brussels.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and your CV in English. Given the nature of this role, please provide one example of a successful social media activity in which you have been involved (please describe it in no more than 200 words and provide a link). Please email your application with the subject title “Application Social Media Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Monday 5 October 2015. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Interviews provisionally held the week of 12 October 2015.
You can download the job advert here
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: