Engineering Practicum Intern, Summer 2017
Required application materials:
- Responses to five essay questions (please upload the resume and essays together as ONE PDF document)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and it's in the candidate's best interest to apply early.
If you've already applied and forgot to include your transcript and/or essay: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your essay response and/or transcript. Due to volume we are unable to respond to questions on that alias and please allow several weeks to hear back about your candidacy.
The Engineering Practicum (EP) program is a 12-week developmental opportunity for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for technology—especially students from historically underrepresented groups including women, Native American, Black, Latino, Veteran and students with disabilities.
Our unique internship offers the opportunity to work on a software project alongside other EP interns and full-time Googlers, and gives you the chance to bridge the gap between academic understanding and practical professional experience.
Interns will experience Google’s innovative office culture by working in one of our US offices and in product areas including but not limited to Advertising, Geo, Mobile, Chrome/Apps, Technical Infrastructure, YouTube, Search, and more.
The program is open to all qualified first and second-year undergraduate university students who meet the below criteria. Students must be available for a 12-week internship from May 2017 to August 2017 or June 2017 to September 2017.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Project: Complete a challenging technical project where you’ll get to build solutions and get exposure to immense scale and complexity.
- Enrichment: Attend technical talks by senior Googlers, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Google coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set you up for success.
- Mentorship: Receive coaching and mentorship from Google engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
- Make Connections: Build personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share your passion for technology.
- Must be a first-year or second-year student (freshman or sophomore) currently attending a 4-year Bachelor's program, majoring or intending to major in computer science or related technical field.
- First-year students must have taken one Computer Science course by end of first semester. (AP or IB Computer Science is acceptable).
- Must be completing their Bachelor's program between April 2019 and August 2020.
- Must be attending an undergraduate university in North America.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, or C++.
- Second-year students should have taken two Computer Science courses.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: