gettyimages dedication to excellence in photojournalism means we understand that creating and managing in-depth photography assignments requires time, freedom, support and considerable resources.
That is why, since launching in 2004, the Getty Images Editorial Grants program has supported independent photojournalists around the world by providing the creative freedom and collaborative editorial support necessary to pursue work that is personally important to them and which they would otherwise not have the time or resources to address.
Prizes and benefits
- $10,000 prize (five available)
- Winners will be announced in September at Visa pour l’Image
- Receive recognition in media coverage of grant winners
- Assurance that you retain copyrights to the images you submit for judges’ review
- Option to have Getty Images' editorial guidance throughout your project
Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience. Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of portfolio, the project's merit and professional ability.
- 500-word summary of the project proposal
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images
- Specific uploading instructions will be made available on April 1
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: