FAST Next Generation Council
NextGen Council is a network within the Foundation for the Armenian Science and Technology (FAST). It brings together the talent, knowledge, and skills of young and motivated scientists and technologists from every corner of the world to provide a boost to scientific endeavors, technological developments, and entrepreneurship activities in Armenia and beyond.
- Members will develop connections with other young and talented scientists and entrepreneurs as well as with established leaders in science, technology, philanthropy, law and policy making of Armenian and non-Armenian origin.
- Members will witness the impact of their work on transformation of science and technology in Armenia, laying the foundation for country’s shift towards a knowledge-based economy.
- Members will be invited to annual FAST events in Armenia, where they will share floor with global leaders of academia, industry, finance and politics.
CANDIDATE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Applicants must have demonstrated exceptional achievements in their field of research, including but not limited to attendance of world’s top universities, publications in high-impact scientific journals, creation of commercially successful start-up, or similar.
- Applicants must demonstrate motivation to participate in the transformation of the applied science and technology field in a developing country, e.g. ongoing projects or volunteer or work experience that could be applied to FAST’s activities in Armenia.
- Previous experience in interdisciplinary research, conference organization, student supervision and mentorship is preferred.
- Applicants are expected to dedicate part of their time to working on FAST’s activities as well as to be able to visit Armenia once a year for the annual Global Science and Technology Forum or similar FAST Forward program.
- Applicants are expected to have a vision on the ideal scenario for the transformation of their field of science and technology over the next 10 years in Armenia.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 40.
Promising applicants will be invited to an interview with Council’s internal review committee.
Learn more: http://fastfoundation.net/nextgen/