The Indonesian Scholarship and Research Support Foundation (ISRSF) invites talented Indonesian women to participate in the Foundation’s Essay Competition for Indonesian women. The goal of this competition is to recognize the work of Indonesian women interested in social sciences and to inspire young Indonesian women to become scholars.
Who is qualified to enter the competition?
- Female Indonesian citizen
- Strong interest in social sciences or humanities.
- You hold either an S1 or S2 degree as of the end of 2016.
- You are 35 years old or younger at the time you submit your essay.
- You have not yet started any Ph.D program.
What can you write about?
- Any non-fiction subject in the social sciences or humanities, such as anthropology, gender studies, history, politics, development studies, philosophy, or sociology.
When is the deadline?
- Essays must be submitted online to ISRSF no later than 15 November 2016 at midnight (WIB).
What are the criteria for winning?
- Originality, clarity, coherence, use of sources, and the quality of the writing.
Essay Competition for Indonesian Women
1st Prize: Rp. 10,000,000
2nd Prize: Rp. 8,000,000
3rd Prize: Rp. 6,000,000
Panel of Judges
All essays will be read and judged by an independent panel of Indonesian and international historians. The panel reserves the right not to award a prize if no essay qualifies. The panel’s decisions regarding prize winners are final.
- Based on the decisions of the judges, IRSRF will award first, second, and third prizes in the amounts of Rp. 10 million, Rp. 8 million, and Rp. 6 million, respectively.
- Prize winners will also receive an award certificate from ISRSF and will be featured on the Foundation’s website.
- Prize winners are automatically eligible to be interviewed by ISRSF for a prestigious Arryman Fellow award.
- No one currently affiliated in any way with ISRSF can submit an essay.
For more information click "Further official information" below.