DWL’s Short Story Contest is now open for submissions. Please read the guidelines below before you apply. You can email your entry to info (at) desiwriterslounge dot net by 11:59 PM (Pakistan Standard Time) on 31 August 2016. Results will be announced during the first week of October.
The contest has no entry fee and is open to writers worldwide. Just like 2015, this year again we have a total of nearly $800 in prize money, including the PKR 50,000 Dastaan Award. The top 3 entries for the contest will win $100 each and one of the top 3 stories will also receive the Dastaan Award. The jury for the contest is composed of DWL and Papercuts magazine staff members.
Submission Guidelines for DWL’s Annual Short Story Contest:
1. The stories may follow any theme, but should not be more than 5,000 words.
2. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
3. Entries should be in English.
4. Please only submit original and unpublished stories.
5. Please do not submit previously published material. Previously published stories will be disqualified from the contest.
6. Please send your entries to email@example.com only as Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) attachments. Each story must have a title.
7. Each document should be named clearly with the title of the story plus the name of the author. No page numbering, headers or footers, please.
8. Text must be received in the following format: a single-spaced, left-aligned document with Georgia size-12 font.
Winners will be announced during the first week of October.
Note: Writers retain the rights to the stories they submit for the short story contest. The three winning stories are published on DWL’s website and considered for Papercuts magazine’s print edition. For the three winning stories, first publication rights are with DWL and/or Papercuts magazine. After that, the winning authors are free to publish anywhere, as long as due credit is given to the DWL short story contest and/or Papercuts magazine. DWL staff and Papercuts editorial team members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: