Can you do it in 90 seconds?
Filmmakers worldwide! Accept the DepicT! challenge and get creative in just a minute and a half to be in with a chance of winning up to £2500 prize money, invaluable industry exposure, and a host of other exclusive prizes. DepicT! 2016 opens for entries on Monday 29 February 2016.
- Must be 90 seconds or under
- Must be completed after September 2015
- Open to all genres and production techniques
- And more.
Why Ninety Seconds?
… because it will challenge you to think creatively and to cut ruthlessly. More importantly, it will get you and your work noticed.
What You’ll Get
All DepicT! 2016 Shortlisted entrants will get:
- Film exposure and promotion through depict.org, at Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival (15 – 20 Sept ‘15) and through associated partners
- An Encounters Network Delegates pass with all the trimmings, including tickets to the popular DepicT! showcase and the prestigious Encounters Awards Ceremony
- Half price Shooting People membership
Main DepicT! 2015 Award
£1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People
Supported by The Royal Photographic Society, Watershed, Aardman, Films@59 and Shooting People.
DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award
Supported by The Royal Photographic Society
DepicT! 2016 British Special Mention Award
A special package of support which will both promote the winning 90-second film and further develop the filmmaker’s skills including:
- A tailored package of industry support from BAFTA, including a mentoring session and 6 month’s free access to BAFTA’s Learning & Events programme
- A place on a short course at the National Film and Television School in 2015
- Lifetime membership to Shooting People, plus e-mentoring from senior SP members
- Note: It’s a great opportunity but be aware that it does require some commitment on your part. For teams of filmmakers, note that unfortunately, we can only offer the full package of support outlined above for one of the filmmakers involved in your film
Supported by BAFTA & NFTS in partnership with Shooting People
DepicT! Random Acts Special Mention Award
A unique opportunity to be featured on Channel 4’s Random Acts platform
A chance to pitch for a new Random Acts commission
Supported by Channel 4
Shooting People Audience Award
Lifetime membership to Shooting People
Supported by Shooting People
DepicT! Key dates
- Deadline for entries: Mon 4 July 2016, 5.00pm
- 2015 Shortlist goes live: Thu 1 September 2016
- Winners announced: Sat 24 September 2016
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: