The Rules and Regulations outlined below apply to all entries submitted for consideration of the FoST Prize. Please review this document in its entirety prior to completing your entry form.KEY DATES AND DEADLINES
July 24th: Submissions Close
Early September: Semi-Finalists Notified
October 7th and 8th: FoST Summit, Winners Announced
The FoST Prize will be awarded to the most exceptional interactive story, which may include, but is not limited to, web-based work, data-driven art, mobile apps, games, multimedia installations, augmented reality experiences, virtual reality, and other multi-platform projects. To be eligible for consideration, entries must comply with the following guidelines:
1. Entries must be submitted online by July 24th, and include all of the “Submission Requirements” as detailed below. Physical submissions delivered to FoST will not be accepted and may be destroyed or discarded. Please note there is a $25 application fee per entry.
2. Projects produced in all countries are eligible. Non-English works must have English subtitles. Please note that dialogue lists will NOT be accepted in place of subtitles.
3. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to secure clearance rights from the holders of any copyrighted assets included in their submission. FoST will not be liable for the illegal use of any copyrighted materials within the submission, and reserves the right to disqualify any such entry.
4. In addition to completing all other required fields in the online entry form, you must provide, to the best of your ability, all estimated costs, technical specifications, and space requirements needed to install and display your entry at the 2015 FoST summit.
5. Entries must have been completed on or after October 1st, 2014. “Works-in-progress” that are submitted must have a projected end date of October 6th, 2015.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED
If your work is selected, you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by FoST:
1. You must complete and return a release agreement provided by FoST wherein you (i) accept sole responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your work at the 2014 FoST summit; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your work at the 2015 FoST summit; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless FoST, and its affiliates, against any claim arising out of your participation at the 2015 FoST summit.
2. You must complete, sign, and return an official “Materials Checklist” form provided by FoST that should include any and all relevant information needed to properly install and display your work during the 2015 FoST summit.
3. FoST will require that all necessary exhibition and display materials be delivered to one location by a designated date. Final format, media, and spec requirements for your work may vary from the formats delivered during the submission process. Please obtain tracking information for all necessary materials that are shipped to FoST. FoST will arrange return shipping of your materials after the conclusion of the 2015 FoST summit.
4. If the actual costs and technical and space requirements to install and exhibit your work are in excess of the estimates that you provided with your entry form, FoST may decline to exhibit your work at the 2015 FoST summit.
For additional information, please send all inquires to Prize@futureofstorytelling.org.
Do you offer a cash prize?
YES! We are offering $10k.
Is there an entry fee to apply for the FoST Prize?
Yes, there is an application fee of $25 per entry.
Do I need to submit any physical materials with my entry?
Please do not send us any physical materials by mail. Shipments and deliveries will not be accepted and may be discarded or destroyed by FoST.
Is the competition only open to individuals, or can organizations and teams apply as well?
Teams and organizations are eligible to apply for the FoST Prize. However, if an entry from a team/organization makes it to the semi-finalist round, only one member will be eligible for the all-expenses-paid trip to New York and the complimentary invitation to the FoST summit.
Are there different prize categories that I can apply for?
There are not multiple categories for the FoST prize.
Is there a time limit for the video walkthrough/demo of my project?
Yes. Please keep your video walkthrough to a maximum of five minutes.
How old can my project be in order to be eligible for this year’s prize?
Your project must have been completed on or after October 1, 2014 in order to be eligible for the 2015 FoST Prize.
When is the last day for me to submit an entry for the 2014 FoST Prize?
Submissions for the 2015 FoST Prize must be received by 11:59 pm EST on July 24th, 2015.
How will I know if my entry was received?
All entrants will receive an automated confirmation email from FoST verifying that their submission was received. If you do not receive the confirmation email from us within 15 minutes, please resubmit your entry form.
Can I change my entry once it has been submitted?
If you would like to change any of the information submitted on your entry form, please resubmit your application with the correct information AND send an email to email@example.com to notify us of the details of this change.
How do you judge entries?
FoST appoints a panel of expert judges from the media, agency, and creative technology practices to determine the semi-finalists and grand-prize winner. The panel judges entries based on the quality of 1) Interactivity 2) Narrative Arc 3) Emotional Resonance and 4) Design Execution.
How will I know if I am a semi-finalist?
FoST will notify the three semi-finalists in early September.
If I can’t come to New York in October, can I still apply for the prize?
Yes, but please note that the all-expenses-paid trip to New York and complimentary ticket to FoST is non-transferable.
Who can I contact if I have other questions?
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.