Call for Papers: Identity and Independence of Nations between Historical Factors and Contemporary Conditions
University of Sulaymani, Kurdistan Region, in collaboration with Chawder Enlightenment Center, sponsored by Mr. Mala Bakhtyar, is hosting its First International Conference on 15-16 of May 2016. Scholars and Researchers are welcomed to participate in the Conference by sending papers before 29 February 2016.
The papers must meet the following criteria and/or requirements:
- The papers should be around 4000 to 5000 words.
- Electronic files must be in Microsoft Word (Times new Roman, font size 14).
- A copy of your updated CV and a photograph must be attached to the paper.
The Themes of the Conference:
- The process of creating national and democratic states (e.g. Europe, America and Middle East cases).
- Nationhood, national belonging and national sentiments and awareness.
- Kurds and the question of national identity and statehood.
- Nation-state and national identity in the age of globalization.
- The inter-relation of nation-state and national identity with education, humanization and political morality.
- International laws and the right of statehood for national groups without state.
- Islam, Islamism and the question of nation-state and national groups.
The main aim of the Conference is to discuss the questions of nation-state, nationhood in the age of globalization from interdisciplinary perspectives taking the Kurdish national ambitions and projects as its primary focus.
Venue: University of Sulaimani – The new Campus- Raparin Way-Sulaimani -Kurdistn Region/Iraq .
Papers must be send to this email conferencenation2@and conferenc.nation@ , Mr. D.Taha Hammad Ameen can also be contacted on (+964) 770 195 2054. All the expenses (including the participants’ travel and accommodation costs, the costs for food, publications etc.) will be provided by the conference.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: