ASMEA is currently seeking proposals for paper and panel presentations for its Ninth Annual Conference. Scholars from any discipline, tenured or nontenured faculty, or those otherwise affiliated with a recognized research institution, may submit proposals to present at the Conference. Unique proposals from senior graduate students (ABD) will also be considered.Proposals on topics related to the Middle East and Africa should consist of a one-page outline of new and unpublished research. A recent C.V. with all contact data also must be included with name, e-mail, phone number, and affiliation. Submissions will only be accepted through the online submission portal.
The deadline for proposals is April 1, 2016.
If you have already submitted an application for a grant program, you do not need to resubmit your proposal.
Travel Grant Program
The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa is pleased to offer travel stipends to qualified professors and students who wish to participate in the Ninth Annual ASMEA Conference. Grants of up to $750 are available for international applicants while U.S. applicants may apply for grants of up to $500.
- Applicant must be a member of ASMEA in good standing and enrolled in a Ph.D. program (with M.A. complete), or serve in a post-Doc capacity and seeking an academic career, or serve as a visiting/adjunct/assistant professor teaching two or more courses per semester.
- All applicants must complete an application form. Student applicants must provide proof of enrollment and expected graduation date.
- A one-page paper proposal consisting of new, unpublished research is required.
- The travel grant does not cover the cost of annual membership but may be used for hotel, conference registration, transportation, and related costs.
- Applications will be accepted only via the ASMEA website.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not previously received Conference Travel Grants from ASMEA, but each application is judged on its merits.
- Grants are made based on merit and proximity to Washington, D.C.
- Applications from outside the United States are welcome.
- Applicants may apply to more than one ASMEA grant program in 2016. However, only one grant will be awarded per successful applicant.
The deadline for submissions is March 25, 2016.
If you have questions, you may refer to our FAQs page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-429-8860.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: