About the film festival
The Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival (CCI-IFF) is now accepting submissions for its 2017 festival, to be held July 20-23 during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center. The deadline for entries is February 1, 2017.
Judged by a panel of industry luminaries, the CCI-IFF accepts genre-related films in the following categories: Action/Adventure, Animation, Comics-Oriented, Documentary (Pop Culture–Related), Horror/Suspense, Humor, and Science Fiction/Fantasy. Awards and prizes will be given out at Comic-Con, with film screenings all four days of the event.
Entries will be accepted from October 1, 2016 until Feb. 1, 2017. All submitted films must be postmarked between those dates.
General rules for entry
1. Films submitted should be in one of the following categories:
- Action/Adventure • Animation
- Comics-oriented • Documentary
(limited to genre and pop culture topics) • Horror/Suspense
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
2. All lms must be appropriate for an all-ages audience. No nudity, excessive violence or swearing.
3. All lms must be no longer than 95 minutes in length.
4. One submission per lmmaker. Films previously submitted to the CCI: IFF, whether accepted or denied, cannot be entered again. Films submitted must have a completion date no earlier than 2014. The submission must be accompanied by the of cial, signed, entry form. Four (4) copies of the submitted lm must be sent. Note there is no entry fee.
5. To be accepted, submitted lms must be completely edited and in their nal completed form. Rough cuts or un nished material will not be considered. Please do not submit trailers, test footage or scenes from upcoming lms. We do not accept web series.
6. It is the responsibility of the lmmaker to obtain, in writing, all necessary consents, licenses and clearances from any trademark, copyright or other proprietary interest holder (such as, but not limited to brands, music, characters, etc.) for content used in the submitted lm. A copy of any such consents, licenses and clearances shall be included with the submission of the lm. By submitting a lm, lmmaker licenses CCI to screen and otherwise use the lm as part of the CCI: IFF.
7. Films submitted cannot have distribution deals or distribution deals pending.
What to send:
- FOUR (4) copies of your lm must be sent. Films should be submitted via mail on DVD (NTSC ONLY, Region 1 compatible, NO PAL) to the address listed below. Please make sure your disc plays on other computers or DVD players, not just your own. Films submitted on DVD that do not play on our computers and/or DVD players will be rejected.
- Please include a brief synopsis of your lm on a separate sheet of paper not to exceed 50 words, along with a brief bio sheet on lmmakers (director or writer) and one (1) production still for use in any potential publicity.
- All lms must be postmarked by the deadline, FEBRUARY 1, 2017, and be accompanied by a signed submission form along with any paperwork as referred to in section 6. NO EXCEPTIONS. Films postmarked after the deadline will be rejected. Filmmakers with accepted entries will be noti ed by early June of selection. The complete schedule of lms will appear on the Comic-Con International website, www.comic-con.org, and in our onsite Events Guide.
Please note: FILMS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
Send your 4 DVDs and supporting paperwork/material to:
Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival P.O. Box 128458, San Diego, CA 92112-8458
All lms will be shown via video projection in a Convention Center style meeting room, not in a theater. The room seats approximately 200 people. Preferred format for screening is DVD, NTSC, Region 1. We cannot accept 35mm lms. If your lm is selected, you may be able to provide a Blu-ray (of the same run time of the originally submitted lm) for the screening.
If your lm is accepted, free 4-day professional memberships will be granted to those appearing to discuss the lm (limit 3), plus one adult guest membership for each speaker. Children under 12 are admitted free with an adult membership.
All scheduling of accepted lms is at the discretion of the Festival programmers. Please do not specify days or timeslots that you may prefer. Films will be shown during regular daytime hours of Comic-Con International and during nighttime programming hours.
Submitted lms cannot be returned unless you provide a self- addressed, postage-paid envelope. Please send copies, not your original lm.
Please e-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org Filmmaker Representation:
The undersigned hereby certifies that:
- he/she is the creator and legal owner of the lm;
- the lm being submitted is in its completed and nal form and will not be changed between now and the time it is shown at the Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival (CCI: IFF);
- all lm content is either original or duly licensed by its respective owner for use in the submitted lm;
- all necessary consents, licenses and clearances from any trademark, copyright or other proprietary interest holder for content used in the submitted lm have been obtained and provided to CCI;
- the undersigned has read, understood and will comply with the rules relating to the CCI: IFF. The undersigned hereby indemni es and agrees to defend CCI for and against any third-party claims relating to the submitted lm.
Comic-Con International is a nonpro t educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of and appreciation for comics and related popular art forms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: