Baalbeck’s International Short Film Festival
Baalbeck’s International Short Film Festival (BISFF) is the first film festival organized in the city of Baalbeck, Lebanon.
BISFF has five main objectives:
Promote Baalbeck’s role and place in the cultural and artistic scenes.
Shed lights on the work of young filmmakers from across the globe.
Acknowledge and promote young Lebanese filmmakers.
Advocate for the support of short and independent film productions.
Mainstream the role of Film-making in influencing social and humanitarian contexts.
The first edition of the BISFF is border-less and open to creativity. It is made possible with great submissions of filmmakers from different backgrounds and nationalities. The result is an incredible program of film screenings, director talks, workshops and exhibitions, free and open to the public.
The first edition of the festival will also pay tribute to the Lebanese cinema industry, by offering a special screening and a round-table on the history of Lebanese cinema.
Awards & Prizes
The awards will be announced during the festival. The BISFF will disseminate five awards as following:
Best Short Lebanese Documentary
Best Short Lebanese Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Short Animated Film
Best Short Film
Rules & Terms
Submit to Baalbeck’s International Short Films Festival
BISFF is open to Lebanese, Arab and international films from around the world, in one of the following categories:
– Short Film
– Short Documentary
– Animated Short
Rules & Regulations
1. BISFF accepts submissions from filmmakers worldwide, including students movies.
2. Filmmakers should be 18 years old and above when submitting to the festival.
3. The film must be produced after 2016.
4. The length of the film should not exceed 30 mins.
5. Non-English films need to be subtitled in English.
6. Fill in the entry form or apply via filmfreeway.
7. a Vimeo link OR link to a downloadable file (via WeTransfer/Dropbox). Youtube links are not accepted.
8. The entrant agrees that up to three minutes of their film may be used by BISFF in promotional activities including a trailer screening to the press and media and on the festival’s website.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: