Kenneth B. and Mamie P. Clark Fund
One $10,000 research grant is available.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate student.
- Have received IRB approval before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved.
- Familiarity with the Clarks' work is essential:
- Kenneth Bancroft Clark, Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Washington, D.C.
- Mamie Phipps Clark, Manuscripts Division, New York Public Library, New York.
- Markowitz, G. & Rosner, D. (1996). Children, Race and Power: Kenneth and Mamie Clark's Northside Center. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia.
Detailed proposal that makes a case for the need to be addressed; describes the proposed project, methodology and the applicant’s qualifications; and includes a detailed budget and justification.
Two letters of support.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.