The world’s first moving images were shot in Leeds in 1888 by Louis le Prince. Today Leeds is a major centre for film production and exhibition. Leeds International Film Festival is one of the UK’s biggest film events.
LIFF is a portal for discovery of the real world of filmmaking that exists beyond regular film exhibition. LIFF primarily supports outstanding new talent and established talent that has not received deserved exposure in the UK. LIFF considers narrative, documentary and animated films, in feature-length and short formats, in multiple genres and from all countries.
We are now welcoming entries for LIFF30. To submit, please use either FilmFreeway or Withoutabox – read below for full details.
• Louis Le Prince International Short Film Competition: £1,000 winner prize
• World Animation Competition: £1,000 winner prize
• British Short Film Competition: £1,000 winner prize
• Yorkshire Short Film Competition: £500 winner prize
• Leeds International Screendance Competition: £500 winner prize
• Leeds International Music Video Competition
• Leeds Short Film Audience Award
• Leeds Audience Award for Best Fiction Feature
• Leeds Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature
• Dark Owl International Fantasy Short Film Audience Award
• Dead Short Audience Award