Connecting short documentary filmmakers with digital media platforms
The Global Short Docs Forum brings together 12 filmmakers selected from a global call, to attend an intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings. Over four weeks of masterclasses, workshops and mentoring we take your short doc from conception to commission.
What are the benefits?
- Invaluable pitching training and mentoring
- Workshops + masterclasses from industry experts
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world
Who are we looking for?
- Filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives.
- Open to applications from all over world, with documentary projects up to 30 mins.
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
How does it work?
- The annual call for applications is open to all.
- Selection is based on the filmmaker’s proven ability and the strength of the story, characters and footage provided.
- 12 selected applicants participate in a 4 week intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings.
- Applications to GSDF are free.
Global Short Docs Forum 2020
For the third edition of the Global Short Docs Forum, 12 short doc filmmakers, 8 digital platforms and a whole host of industry experts gathered for an intensive 4-week series of online workshops and mentoring, followed by one-to-one pitch sessions.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.