Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Conference
The Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Association (SCLA) will hold its 17th conference on December 4-6, 2020 at UiT The Arctic University of Norway in Tromsø, Norway. The conference will be locally organized and hosted by the CLEAR research group led by Tore Nesset and Laura A. Janda at UiT.
We invite abstracts for 20+10 min presentations on any topic of relevance to Slavic Cognitive Linguistics. Abstracts should be based on work that has not yet been published. We especially encourage submissions from young researchers. Abstracts can be written in English or in any Slavic language. For more details see the abstract submission section.
- The confirmed invited speaker is Martin Haspelmath (Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History)
- We are currently waiting for the confirmation from Sergey Say (The Laboratory for Typological Study of Languages, Institute for Linguistic Studies, The Russian Academy of Sciences)
- May 22, 2020: Abstract submission deadline
- June 30, 2020: Notification of acceptance
- August 20, 2020: Early bird registration
- December 4-6, 2020: Conference dates
- The conference will take place on Tromsø campus of UiT The Arctic University of Norway in the town of Tromsø, Norway. UiT is the northernmost university of the world. Tromsø is located more than 300 km north of the Arctic Circle. One can say that Tromsø is the gateway to the Arctic, the major town in Arctic Norway, an administrative centre and historically also the point of departure for Polar expeditions. Today, Tromsø is a modern town of over 70,000 inhabitants. Read more about Tromsø here.
- Abstracts can be written in English or in any Slavic language.
- Abstracts should not be longer than 500 words, including references.
- Please refrain from any self-identification in the body of the abstract.
- Each individual may be involved in a maximum of two abstracts (maximum one as sole author).
- Abstracts should be submitted via EasyChair.
- the deadline for abstract submission is May 22, 2020.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance / rejection by June 30, 2020.
- No conference fees
- No fees
- Details will be provided later
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.