Applications will be open from October 29, 2018 - February 12, 2019
Lab: July 29 - August 2, 2019
Summit: August 2 - 4, 2019
Festival: January 23 - February 2, 2020
Size of Fellowship:
Sundance Resort and Park City, Utah
- Candidates are required to have produced at least one short or feature documentary film as lead producer or co-producer (executive producer, associate or line producer does not qualify).
- Candidates may not be the director of submitted project.
- Candidates must be in active production / postproduction on project.
- Candidates must live in the United States, though the project may be filmed internationally.
- Candidates must be available for all CPI dates, above
Sundance Institute will provide round trip economy travel, ground transfer and onsite lodging for the selected fellow for the specific dates of attendance.
A year-long program designed to spotlight and nurture producers with both project-specific and personalized support through participation in the Creative Producing Lab, Creative Producing Summit, Fellows Program at the Sundance Film Festival. Year-round activities include mentorship opportunities, workshops, and ongoing support from Sundance Institute Staff. $10,000 grant support is also provided for costs of living and unsupported costs of project development for the Fellow. The Program is designed to hone emerging producers’ creative instincts and evolve their communication and problem-solving skills as well as increase access to and support from a community of peers.
Fellows are required to acknowledge Sundance Institute and the CPI support partners, to provide reporting at the close of the Fellowship year, and to participate in possible blogs, interviews, panels. Fellows should be willing to give back to the Sundance Institute creative community through willingness to coach, advise or mentor future Fellows from Sundance Institute.
If accepted, Fellows must provide a current producers agreement or memo of understanding for the project they applied with.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.