The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Dissertation Fellowships in Buddhist Studies
- Stipend of $30,000.
- Tenure: 10 consecutive months, initiated by September 30, 2019, devoted full time to the dissertation. No other employment is permitted during the fellowship period.
- Completed applications must be submitted no later than 9 pm Eastern Standard Time, November 14, 2018.
The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Dissertation Fellowships in Buddhist Studies provide one-year stipends to PhD candidates for full time preparation of dissertations. The fellowship period may be used for fieldwork, archival research, analysis of findings, or for writing after research is complete.
- Pursuit of the PhD degree at an accredited university.
- Completion by April 15, 2019 of all requirements for the PhD degree except research and writing of the dissertation (the equivalent of ABD in the US system). A successful applicant, before being named a Fellow, must provide confirmation of ABD status (this must come from a university official).
- The application must be written in English by the applicant.
- There are no restrictions as to the location of work proposed, or the citizenship/residence of applicants.
- Significance of the topic and its potential contribution to Buddhist studies.
- Coherence and cogency of presentation.
- Feasibility of the plan of work.
- Potential of the applicant for an academic career in Buddhist studies
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.