Sweek Poetry Contest 2018
Time for the most awaited writing competition! The first Sweek Poetry Awards!
- Jury period: 9th of July – 6th of August
- Winners announced: 15th of August
- Grand prize: $100
- Popularity prize: will get a special badge
- Shortlist (10 titles) will receive feedback from the juries, will be featured on Sweek and be awarded a badge; It will be also published online via Milk Press (*read more in the ‘Partners’ section)
- Join until 25/06/2018
- Word limit: 10 – 2,000 words
- Grand prize of $100
- You can publish either one poem or a whole pamphlet (if it does not exceed 2,000 words in total)
- Global (participating languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Polish, Indonesian)
- Previously published work is allowed
- Open topic for poetry only (you poems can be on anything you want)
Step by Step Guidelines
- Step 1: Download the Sweek app or use our website:
Android app: http://bit.ly/SweekforAndroid
iOS app: http://bit.ly/SweekforiOS
- Step 2: Create an account or log in.
- Step 3: Upload your poem by going to ‘My stories’ and ‘Start a new story’.
- Step 4: Publish your poems with the tag #SweekPoetsSociety in the tags section in Story Details.
That’s it! Don’t forget to share your work with friends and family to get more readers!
Read these guidelines carefully before joining this writing competition!
- You need to be 13 years or older to participate. Younger participants need their parents’ permission.
- To participate, the entry must be tagged #SweekPoetsSociety in story details.
- The poem or pamphlet cannot have more than 2,000 words. If you upload a collection of poems, they will be judged as a whole, not on an individual basis (then each poem should be published as a new chapter). In case you want each poem to be judged separately, please upload each as a new story.
- Only poems submitted before 25/06 @23:59 CET will be accepted.
- It is a poetry contest. Prose will be disqualified.
- Poems do not have to be newly uploaded on Sweek (you can participate with previously published work).
- The poems do not have to be exclusive, meaning they can be already uploaded somewhere else.
- Participation in the contest is totally free of charge.
- The entry has to meet Sweek community guidelines.
- The submitted work must be created by you. You can also write with a friend if you want to, but in case you win, the prize will be shared.
- You can participate with multiple entries. There is no limit per person.
- You can edit your entry until the submission deadline. After the deadline, you can no longer modify anything until the winners announcement (this will lead to disqualification).
- You can win only one cash prize.
- Spamming on Sweek or falsification of your followers will lead to disqualification of your story with a prior warning.
- Sweek reserves a right to disqualify any entry that breaks the community guidelines, contains plagiarised or explicit content.
- The cash prize will be transferred via Paypal (Sweek bears the transfer costs). If the winner is based in Europe, the cash prize can be arranged via a bank transfer. In case there is no option to create a Paypal account, the prize can be arranged via a gift card or a bank transfer for which the costs are split. The program is not responsible for currency conversion rate at the time of transferring the cash prize.
- Participation in the contest constitutes acceptance of the official rules stated above.
- The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.