LexQuest’s 4th National Essay Writing Competition, 2018
After the successful organization of three National Essay Writing competitions in the past three years, we are proud to announce the LexQuest 4th National Essay Writing Competition, 2018. To avoid the restriction of creativity in legal writing, the theme this time is “Filling up the voids in the Indian Legal System: Shortcomings and Probable Solutions”. The theme of the competition aims at promoting an exceptional combination of creative as well as legal thinking. Being open ended, it will give participants an opportunity to work in their area of interest and bask in the exploration of the never ending stream that law is.
We would like to invite students and professionals to express their valuable viewpoints, by participating in the competition.
Deadline for registration: 30/11/2017
Deadline for submission: 31/12/2017
Any student pursuing any undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University/College in India.
Guidelines and Rules:
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- The essay shall not be plagiarized. Only the original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
- The Participants must submit their essay via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Essay in MS Word format with the subject “Essay Writing Competition”.
- Cover page containing Name, Nationality, Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number and Name of the College/University of the Participant.
Length of the Essay:
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay and Bibliography.
- The abstract should not be of more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1800 to 2000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page number: Top right of the page
- Footnote size: 10
Following our eternal “Everyone Wins Something” policy, LexQuest is giving prizes to all the participants in the following manner:
- Guaranteed prize: Discount coupon worth 200/- INR for any one of our courses (Non transferable), and a certificate of appreciation, to all the participants.
- 3rd position: Cash prize worth 500/- INR, discount coupon worth 500/- INR for any one of our courses, and a certificate of appreciation.
- 2nd position: Cash prize worth 1000/- INR, discount coupon worth 500/- INR for any one of our courses, and a certificate of appreciation.
- 1st position: Cash prize worth 2000/- INR, discount coupon worth 500/- INR for any one of our courses, and a certificate of appreciation.
- Best five essays will be published on our website.
- All the participants will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation.
Registration fee is 200/- INR only. Special early bird registration fee for first 30 participants is 150/- INR only.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.