ISA (International Studies Abroad), a private
organization based out of Austin, Texas, is currently seeking an Amman-based
Resident Director. This is a full-time position. The Resident Director will
work as an independent. The ISA Resident
Director will be responsible for the management of the ISA
program in Jordan,
working under the direction of the ISA
Management Team in Austin, Texas,
and in cooperation with other ISA Resident
Directors in the country and region.
* Assist students with integration into the local culture
and provide students information and advice about opportunities for cultural
* Accompany students on ISA
excursions. Significant weekend travel is required.
* Maintain regular hours in order to provide consultation
* Remain on-call after regular office hours for students in
the event they may need urgent assistance with medical problems, emotional
stress, academic issues, housing problems, etc.
* Manage various logistical matters such as making hotel
reservations, arranging tours and cultural visits, and coordinating group
* Maintain database of good candidates for language exchange
with ISA participants, and coordinate language
* Handle necessary money matters related to program
* Work to resolve any and all problems students may
experience, and follow ISA’s crisis
management guidelines in the event of major or minor crises.
* Represent ISA in
various dealings with host universities with matters related to students’
enrollment, tuition payments for participants, housing payments, behavioral
issues of students, coordination of future dates, obtaining course descriptions
and transcripts for participants.
* Coordinate and/or provide tutoring to ISA
students as necessary.
* Accompany students to the doctor as deemed appropriate by ISA
* Coordinate student housing, manage host families, and
assist students with any issues that may arise related to their housing.
* Assist students with their return to the United
States at the end of the program.
*Preferred Qualities and Qualifications:*
· Bachelor’s degree in a field related to International
Education, International Affairs, or Foreign Language Teaching.
· At least 1 year of experience living, working or studying
in the United States.
· Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in
host country at the time of the offer of employment.
· Fluency or Advanced level language proficiency in host
country language and English.
· Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented,
diplomatic, friendly, confident, articulate and able to work effectively with
different types of people.
· Candidate must be able to multi-task effectively and work
effectively under stress.
· Candidate must be willing to work odd hours and weekends.
If you are interested in employment opportunities with ISA,
the first step is to send your résumé and cover letter to