Washington University International Summer Study Scholarship
ashington University in St. Louis welcomes students from around the world for summer study. Students have the option to select from a variety of programs and courses to enhance their educational experience. Whether seeking to build your leadership skills or exploring new subject matter, our small courses and friendly campus provide the ideal introduction to American education.
2016 Summer Program Options
Current undergraduate students can participate in our 5-week International Summer Study program, July 15 - August 19, taking two courses, attending social and cultural events, and meeting with deans and directors. Choose from the following options:
- Global Leadership (MAILI)
- Innovation: Entrepreneurism and Design Thinking
- American Politics & Culture
- Arts & Sciences
Current high school students can participate in our High School Summer Experiences in which they earn academic credit, or enroll in a High School Summer Institute in pre-medicine, pre-engineering, leadership, writing, ESL, and more. Programs range from 1-5 weeks.
- High School Summer Experiences
Middle school students spend two weeks living on campus and taking two innovative, noncredit courses. Choose from three program dates.
- Middle School Summer Challenge
Already in the United States studying on an F-1 visa at another U.S. university? You may register for summer courses at WUSTL in any session as a visiting student or apply to any of our program options above! You also have the option to live on campus or arrange your own off-campus housing.
All visiting student enrollments are processed by the Summer School office. You must first complete this form and return to email@example.com at least one week prior to your desired course start date. If you have additional questions about open enrollment, please contact Christina Zebrowski, (314) 935-4695.
International visiting students who are not associated with a summer program option listed above are required to provide proof of housing while in St. Louis. Please contact the Summer Programs & Conference Services office at (314) 935-5015 if you wish to reside on campus.
For questions about your current visa status, please contact Martha Turner, Office of International Students and Scholars, at (314) 935-5991.
Application & Fees
- Students must be an undergraduate student at a university or college.
- Students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies by the start of the program.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- International students are required to provide proof of English language proficiency by submitting official scores from one of the following exams:
- TOEFL score of at least 90
- IELTS score of at least 7
- CAE or CPE score of Level B2 or better
- Select applicants will also be required to participate in a virtual interview.
A limited number of $2,500 scholarships are available to a select number of students who apply and are admitted to a summer program. During the application process, students are asked to complete an essay which will be one of the determining factors on awards. The essay must be written in complete sentences and contain no fewer than 250 words.
For students who are awarded a scholarship, the total program fee will be reduced by $2,500.
Application fee: WAIVED if the application is received by February 1, 2016
Program fee: $7680
The program fee includes all of the following:
- Tuition and lab fees for two undergraduate courses (6 or 7 total units of credit)
- Housing in a secure, air-conditioned campus residence hall
- $100 meal stipend per week ($500 total)
- Use of all library facilities
- Use of the Athletic Complex facilities
- Transportation pass for St. Louis bus and light rail system
- Health insurance (for international students only)
The program fee also includes the following activities:
- St. Louis Cardinals baseball game
- Trip to City Museum
- Tickets to live theater production at the Muny
- Trip to Six Flags amusement park
- Visit historic St. Charles, Missouri
- Weekly catered lunches with special guest attendees
- Catered banquets with special guests and/or speakers
(Note: Your program fee does not include the following: SEVIS fee (for students needing a visa), airfare, gifts/souvenirs, and other miscellaneous expenses.)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: https://summerschool.wustl.edu/international
All new summer sessions of Washington University in St. Louis are available here https://summersession.wustl.edu/