The MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (WIMM) has fully funded 4-year Prize PhD (DPhil) studentships available to start in October 2017. These studentships are open to outstanding students of any nationality.
Interviews will be held on the 23 and 24 January 2017. All shortlisted applicants will be invited to visit the Institute on one of these dates. This will be for the whole day and will comprise a 30 minute interview (which will include a 5 minute presentation on your research to date), a tour of the WIMM and meeting potential supervisors. Overseas candidate interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Participating supervisors and projects are listed below.
How To Apply?
All applications must be made using the University's online application form (access via original web page).
Before filling the application form please read the University of Oxford Graduate application guide (access via original web page).
- Studentships are fully funded for 4 years and include a stipend of £18,000pa, University and College fees.
- There is no rotation in the first year.
- A CV should be uploaded which includes your final year school results and full details of your research experience.
- You will need to ensure that your referees are willing and able to write a reference for you. We must receive your references no later than the application deadline. It is your responsibility to ensure that your references are submitted on time.
- You will need to pay the application fee for each programme to which you make an application. The fee is currently £75 and can be paid by credit/debit card through the University's online shop. If you do not have access to a bank account and are unable to pay by card, you should contact Graduate Admissions and Funding (access via original web page) for guidance as soon as you have decided to apply.
Information on eligibility can be found at the DPhil in Medical Science information page (access via original web page).
For more information please click on "Further official information" below.