F the Art World is an international art competition where fine artists, photographers, digital artists, graphic designers, and sculptors compete for a chance to be exhibited in new york city for an entire week!
What if you were given the opportunity to exhibit your work in a prime new york city gallery space! Unarthodox is calling on you, amateur and professional artists, to participate and win a chance to show your work to the world! Submit work that depicts a rebellious view of tradition, customs, religion and politics. Share your visual expression and subjective interpretation.
Competition is hosted and organized by Unarthodox. Unarthodox is a creative space that combines all of the arts to create unique interactive experiences.
Unarthodox is a unique concept that encourages people to express their inner creativity. We host various art experiences that combine fine art, music, drama, movement, and creative writing while, in most cases, incorporating sound, visuals and aromatherapy.
We truly believe that art and self-expression shouldn’t be restricted by rules and regulations of the art business world. We want to give a chance to all talented and creative people to share their vision with thousands by exhibiting their art at the Unarthodox Gallery in New York City.
The panel of Jurors are average professionals, everyday people of different walks of life from countries throughout the world. Jurors represent different countries including France, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Brazil, Uruguay, England, Japan, New Zealand, and The United States.
Our judges are not art professionals. We believe that artwork should not be judged by professional art critics, but by people who appreciate art and are not tainted by the "rules, regulations and expectations" of the art establishment.
We are looking for true expression from amateur and professional artists without intimidation or restrictions.
The competition is open to professional and amateur artists and designers 18 years and older.
Artwork in the following disciplines is accepted:
- Fine Art /Mixed Media - Acrylic, oil, watercolor, charcoal, photography and various other materials
- Photography - digital and traditional - Raw and manipulated photography may be used
- Sculpture - All mediums are accepted
- Digital Arts - Computer generated art
- Graphic Design - Poster design, book/magazine cover, and advertisement are accepted
Entries must be in JPEG format, no larger than 1400 x 1800 pixels, and under 2MB.
All sculptures submissions should be photographed.
Exhibited Art Specification
- Photography, Digital Art, Graphic Design - Prints should not exceed a width of 24" and should be framed upon delivery to gallery.
- Fine Art/Mixed Media - Artwork should not exceed a width of 48" and a height of 72" and should be wired and ready to hang.
- Sculpture - Sculpture should not exceed a 4' X 4' footprint and should not be higher than 7'.
Submission fee is $32 for up to four images. Please follow the upload specifications below. Upon uploading, you will receive a confirmation via email. Please make sure you use high definition photography of your work.
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: No smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side
- File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- File size: 5 MB maximum
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2017
To submit online application, please click on the "Further official information" link.