About the Phd Program
- Bilingual program. You can do all your courses and your thesis in English, if you wish.
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQÀM).
- Daytime, full-time courses allowing you to complete your studies in four years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
Phase I - Preparation (If Necessary)
Qualifying courses in the specialization (preparatory or introductory courses)
Phase II – Specialization: 30 Credits
- 7 to 12 courses (depending on the specialization)
- Comprehensive exam (oral and written parts)
This phase may include a first scientific paper.
Phase III – Dissertation: 60 Credits
- Public presentation of the dissertation proposal
- Writing of the dissertation
Phase II and III Supervisory Committees
The student is supervised by two committees. The Phase II committee validates the student’s coursework, supervises the scientific paper and administers the comprehensive exam. The Phase III committee (or dissertation committee) supervises the student’s dissertation research work.
These two committees consist of at least 3 members drawn, in principle, from the management faculties of the different universities participating in the joint program. Barring exceptional circumstances, the committee is chaired by an associate professor or full professor from HEC Montréal.
Ten Specializations in the PHD in Administration Program
Contact the professor responsible for the specialization you are interested in to discuss:
- supervising your research
- program details
- your research project
- Fall Term - January 15
- Winter Term - No admission
- Summer Term - No admission
- Check our Academic Calendar for more information.
The program requires a minimum full-time residency of 3 years.
Organizational change; sustainable development; entrepreneurship; intercultural management; innovation and creativity; leadership; management; business strategy.
Professor responsible: Isabelle Le Breton-Miller
Decision analysis; data mining; financial engineering; combinatorial optimization; operational research; stochastic simulations and processes; statistics and data analysis.
Professor responsible: Georges Zaccour
The anthropology of consumption; marketing databases; e-commerce; marketing communication and branding; consumer behaviour; business marketing and services marketing; arts marketing; games theory in marketing.
Professor responsible: Jean-Sébastien Marcoux
Logistics and Operations Management
Process and quality improvement; supply chain management; supply management; departmental operations management; environmental management of operations; healthcare logistics; operations strategies; transportation and distribution.
Professor responsible: Raf Jans
Level Ph. D.
Credits 90 credits
Study Type Full time
Cycle 3rd cycle
Estimated tuition fees for the first 6 terms
Tuition and other fees : $7 600 (or $500 if the scholarship exempting tuition is fully applied to the tuition).
For more official information click "Further official information" below.