About the film festival
The Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival (CCI-IFF) is now accepting submissions for its 2017 festival, to be held July 20-23 during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center. The deadline for entries is February 1, 2017.
Judged by a panel of industry luminaries, the CCI-IFF accepts genre-related films in the following categories: Action/Adventure, Animation, Comics-Oriented, Documentary (Pop Culture–Related), Horror/Suspense, Humor, and Science Fiction/Fantasy. Awards and prizes will be given out at Comic-Con, with film screenings all four days of the event.
Entries will be accepted from October 1, 2016 until Feb. 1, 2017. All submitted films must be postmarked between those dates.
All lms will be shown via video projection in a Convention Center style meeting room, not in a theater. The room seats approximately 200 people. Preferred format for screening is DVD, NTSC, Region 1. We cannot accept 35mm lms. If your lm is selected, you may be able to provide a Blu-ray (of the same run time of the originally submitted lm) for the screening.
If your lm is accepted, free 4-day professional memberships will be granted to those appearing to discuss the lm (limit 3), plus one adult guest membership for each speaker. Children under 12 are admitted free with an adult membership.
All scheduling of accepted lms is at the discretion of the Festival programmers. Please do not specify days or timeslots that you may prefer. Films will be shown during regular daytime hours of Comic-Con International and during nighttime programming hours.
Submitted lms cannot be returned unless you provide a self- addressed, postage-paid envelope. Please send copies, not your original lm.
Please e-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org Filmmaker Representation:
The undersigned hereby certifies that:
- he/she is the creator and legal owner of the lm;
- the lm being submitted is in its completed and nal form and will not be changed between now and the time it is shown at the Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival (CCI: IFF);
- all lm content is either original or duly licensed by its respective owner for use in the submitted lm;
- all necessary consents, licenses and clearances from any trademark, copyright or other proprietary interest holder for content used in the submitted lm have been obtained and provided to CCI;
- the undersigned has read, understood and will comply with the rules relating to the CCI: IFF. The undersigned hereby indemni es and agrees to defend CCI for and against any third-party claims relating to the submitted lm.
Comic-Con International is a nonpro t educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of and appreciation for comics and related popular art forms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.
For more information click "Further official information" below.