About the Festival & Congress
ACCAC Festival & Congress (Accessible Arts and Culture International) is looking for unique and innovative artists and speakers, remarkable practices and experiences to develop the diversity in society and best practices on how the quality of services can improve social inclusion.The 100 Colours of Culture ACCAC Festival & Congress tales place in Tampere, Finland 17-20 August 2017.
“An international event that highlights new, creative thinking and operating models in the field of arts, with accessibility as its focus.”
Accessible Arts and Culture International is growing, international arts and culture movement that presents diversity in a new light. It is an international network build since 2009 and covers all continents. ACCAC Festival & Congress promotes the use of art and cultural participation to enhance wellbeing and focuses on improving the inclusion of people with disabilities in arts and culture.
The second full size ACCAC Festival & Congress next year in Tampere Finland is part of the official program for the centenary of Finland’s independence in 2017 and official program in Tampere City.
ACCAC Festival & Congress includes professional congress, art fair and official program. The congress highlights and issues are selected from the local environment; what are the main targets to develop in society. The art fair as a carnival brings together various culture programs and associations and offers a platform to easy access ongoing small performances.
Please be available for the whole period mentioned in the application.
- If youre build up is more than 8 hours, please be available one day prior to the period.
- The production for which you are applying must be completed by the date of your application.
- All applications must be submitted in English, and the contact person of the application must know basic English.
- If you are an agent or manager submitting this application on behalf of an artist, ACCAC must have direct contact with the producing company as well as the agent.
Final Deadline is mentioned in the title of each Open call.
- Late or incomplete applications will be not considered.
- Support materials will only be accepted online.
- Artist/companies that have been selected will be notified on a date mentioned in the application form.
- Alternate and Spotlight artists will be contacted at a later date.
ACCAC will not pay a performance fee.
ACCAC provides the venue and a portion of the production costs (including travel, freight, per diems, accommodations, visas, artist fees, etc.). It is up to each artist to secure funding from their company, government, arts council, and constituents to attend, and to pay for production costs beyond the ACCAC provision, a standard technical set up, load-in and load out.
Companies are responsible for transportation to, from, or within the city and to the designated venue, accommodations and per diem or en route for artistic, technical, and representative's personnel; production or display materials; transportation or storage of freight; and visas if applicable.
Performance and technical schedules will be determined after selection.
ACCAC works to meet the needs of all companies but may not be able to accommodate all the requirements in your standard rider. Please note that you may be required to condense your regular load-in and technical schedule in addition to working within a general house light plot.
If additional time, labor and/or equipment is requested by Applicant, and can be accommodated within the schedule determined by ACCAC, Applicant will be charged for any additional costs. Applicant will be responsible for production expenses which include but are not limited to charges for additional technical labor, back line gear, equipment rental, pyrotechnic permits, etc.
If you are selected, every effort will be made to perform your work in a venue best suited for the work of art but know that the venues will be scheduled to best meet the needs of many works within a condensed period of time. The schedule, venue selection, and number of times each work of art if performed will be at ACCAC's discretion.
It is a forum for the childrens activities as well as seniors and programs with people with disabilities. The official program highlights professional artist groups internationally, integrated groups from theatre, music, visual arts, dance and circus.
Open call is now available
The application form is found in ACCAC website. The deadline for applications is until December 15th. The selected performers and speakers will be announced soon after the deadline.
Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. Submission of this form constitutes acceptance and acknowledgement of the following Terms & Conditions of applying for and/or accepting a juried slot.
- Applications will not be considered unless application and support materials are complete and all submitted by the deadline.
- The application will be reviewed by a Selection Committee made up of ACCAC Members. The Committee's decision is final. Applicants not selected may be considered to perform a short, low-tech selection of their production or "Spotlight." Spotlights will be curated based on the selection committee's review of the applications.
- The scheduling of performances is determined by ACCAC. Be prepared to be available for the whole period mentioned in the application.
- ACCAC does not pay a fee to selected Applicants or Spotlights.
- ACCAC will contact selected Companies to discuss the production's technical needs and scheduling. ACCAC works to meet the needs of all companies but may not be able to accommodate all the requirements in your standard rider. Please note that you may be required to condense your regular load-in and technical schedule in addition to working within a general house light plot.
- If additional time, labor and/or equipment is requested by Applicant, and can be accommodated within the schedule determined by ACCAC, Applicant will be charged for any additional costs. Applicant will be responsible for production expenses which include but are not limited to charges for additional technical labor, back line gear, equipment rental, pyrotechnic permits, etc. An estimate will be provided detailing any additional expenses we anticipate Applicant will incur and once agreed by both parties, this amount will be due to ACCAC prior to Performance.
- Selected Performance Artists are responsible for transportation to, from, or within the city to the designated venue, for accommodations or per diem or en route for artistic, technical, and representative's personnel; for any production or display materials; for transportation or storage of freight; and for proper visas and documentation for legal performance of Applicants show. Accessible Arts and Culture (ACCAC), the venue and/or our partners assume no financial responsibility for costs incurred by artistic companies other than specified above.
- Selected Applicants will be required to enter into a contractual agreement with ACCAC. Failure to complete and return all required contracts and administrative paperwork and phone calls to ACCAC in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of Applicants slot. This includes but is not limited to: letter of agreement, program copy, biographies, photos, technical info, as well as payment of agreed upon additional technical fees and production expenses.
- The person submitting this application is an authorized representative of the company/artist for whom the application is being made. By submitting this application, the individual assumes all responsibilities and liabilities for the fees as outlined in this application, including, but not limited to the timely payment of all fees and the guarantee of funds to cover the registration deposits and fees.
- The representative submitting this application also assumes all responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained herein and indicates that all statements, facts, and figures are complete and accurate. Failure to provide complete and accurate information may result in the voiding of the application, prevention from participation, and retention of all fees collected by ACCAC.
- The relationship between the Applicant and ACCAC is restricted to the agreement and this signed agreement does not infer, imply, or bind the signing party and/or ACCAC to any other commitments beyond those outlined herein.
- The arrangement included herein does not in any way make the Applicant an authorized agent, employee, or contractor of ACCAC and the Applicant's rights and responsibilities with regard to this agreement shall not exceed those outlined herein.
- This application does not represent a commitment by ACCAC to the Applicant.
- Applicant will perform the performance that was stated in the application.
For more information click "Further official information" below.